We are seeking a consultant to carry out an independent assessment of the gender inclusion approach and related practices in the BGFA programme. Submit your Expression of Interest by 18 April.
The approach towards gender inclusion in the BGFA is to actively promote, incentivise and transfer best practices regarding gender equality in BGFA’s target countries. Gender inclusion is promoted at all stages of the BGFA programme/project cycle from the procurement process to implementation monitoring. In addition, BGFA seeks to actively support women’s economic empowerment. As part of the technical assistance component, BGFA supports the investees in mainstreaming gender aspects in their operations and project implementation but also encourages initiatives promoting women’s more active role in the off-grid energy service value chain.
The purpose of this Assignment is:
- to critically assess the approach for gender inclusion in the BGFA programme and in particular in the procurement cycle to determine its appropriateness, effectiveness and efficiency and to identify where improvements can be made;
- to assess the investee responses to BGFA requirements in terms of their gender policies, gender action plans and related practices;
- to assess if the BGFA gender requirements are appropriate in terms of industry practices, and to the size and nature of the investee companies; and
- to critically assess the technical assistance provision in support of investees’ gender mainstreaming practices to determine its appropriateness, effectiveness, and efficiency and to identify where improvements can be made.
In order to meet the objectives of the Assignment, the Consultant shall undertake the following main activities/tasks:
- undertake a desk review of key programme and project documents related to the design of the gender inclusion approach and practices in the BGFA programme;
- review investees’ gender policies and related action plans;
- conduct interviews with representatives from Nefco and REEEP, selected BGFA investees and donor representatives; and
- provide recommendations in light of the above related to possible areas which could be simplified, refocused and/or improved; and to identify areas which should be revisited.
The results of the evaluation should be described in a report outlining the Consultant’s assessment and responses to the above questions. It is intended that the report will be published as a BGFA knowledge product.
Assignment start date and duration: The Assignment is expected to start in June 2023 and be completed by the end of November 2023.
Maximum budget available for the Assignment: Up to EUR 60,000 (exclusive of VAT)
Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions on the nationality of the Consultant.
Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in English in one pdf file by email to Nefco at email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: “BGFA Gender Review- Expression of Interest” to reach NEFCO no later than 18 April 2023 at 12:00 hrs (noon) local time in Helsinki (EET).
Questions and Answers
Any questions on this Invitation for Expression of Interest shall be provided in writing to Nefco by e-mail: at email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28 March 2023 after which all questions will be compiled by Nefco without any editing in the form they are sent to Nefco. Answers to the questions will be published at Nefco’s procurement section: https://www.nefco.int/procurements/.
Read more about the assignment in the Invitation for Expression of Interest.